Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Connecting Standards to Practice

In this blog, I've shared tips and tools to help teachers integrate technology into the curriculum. Today, I am sharing a post by Collete Cassinelli, Tech Curriculum Integration Ideas.  The post offers specific activities that connect to to the International Society for Technology In Education (ISTE), National Education Technology Standards for students.
  • Creativity & Innovation
  • Communication & Collaboration
  • Research & Information Fluency
  • Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
  • Digital Citizenship
  • Technology Operations & Concepts
Ms. Cassinelli's post keeps it simple while providing educators with concrete examples, using easy to access tools.  I'm not about re-inventing so I am paying it forward by sharing her thoughts in my blog. 
Consider posting a copy of the ISTE NETS for Students in your classroom.  This will provide you a ready reference as you align lessons and activities to your curriculum standards.

In addition, I encourage you to visit the ISTE website.  You will find a wealth of information and ideas to support integration of technology and your professional learning.
If we teach today as we taught yesterday, 
 we rob our children of tomorrow.
                                John Dewey

Thank you for taking time to read my blog.  I hope you find something that you can use and practice. 

 














                            






























No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of my blog do not represent the philosophy or opinion of any organization and are intended to assist teachers to integrate technology into their classrooms.

If you have a tip, suggestion, or comment on a post, please share it here.