Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's Delicious! Another great name for a useful web 2.0 tool.

I guess I've got a theme going this week with Learning Chocolate to Sweet Search and here's  Delicious

I did a Lunch and Learn session for a great group of elementary teachers in the Bronx today and I shared social bookmarking with Delicious with the group.  Since many of the participants had not heard of Delicious, I decided to share it in my blog.  Many teacher still bookmark educational websites on their classroom computer, then do it at home, and so on.  Social bookmarking takes the bookmarks off the computer and saves them online, making them accessible from any computer.  You do need to register/join Delicious.

At my training I shared the following resources.  They include an introduction to social bookmarking with video, Powerpoint, teacher examples, articles and more.  I hope to meet the needs of teachers' learning styles with the variety of resources and I intend to:

Keep it simple

Social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to share, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web resources. Unlike file sharing, the resources themselves aren't shared, merely bookmarks that reference them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_bookmarking  from Wikipedia
  • Wiki on Social Bookmarking - includes video, list of uses, definition of tagging, list of sites, wikipedia quotes, and much more! - collaborative wiki
I encourage you to give social bookmarking a try.  It is easy to learn and will help you save time.  Share your comments or questions.  Happy bookmarking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The contents of my blog do not represent the philosophy or opinion of any organization and are intended to assist teachers to integrate technology into their classrooms.

If you have a tip, suggestion, or comment on a post, please share it here.