Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trying Tagxedo and You Can To!

 
 Tagxedo is a word cloud tool that has some options that Wordle doesn't have right now.  I linked to my twitter account and tagxedo created a word cloud for me.  One cool feature of Tagxedo is that you can create your cloud in different shapes and you can import a picture for your cloud.  I imported my headshot.  Doesn't it look like me??  
Then, I changed the cloud to a star shape with one click.  The words are the same but the look is very different. 

Using word cloud tools is easy and can spice up your lessons, an assignment or a presentation.

Give Tagxedo a try for your class and let me know what you think.











2 comments:

  1. I just used Tagxedo, and it was incredibly easy! What a great tool for helping students to identify and visualize in a meaningful way the most important words in a text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    I'm happy to have you following my blog and glad you like Tagxedo.
    Stay connected! Sheila

    ReplyDelete

The contents of my blog do not represent the philosophy or opinion of any organization and are intended to assist teachers to integrate technology into their classrooms.

If you have a tip, suggestion, or comment on a post, please share it here.